An old time Pennsylvania Dutch recipe straight from Nathan’s mom that’s delicious any time of the year!
RELATED PRODUCTS: Picnic Roast, Pork Loin
Pork & Sauerkraut
- 1 pork picnic roast (about 2-3 lbs)
- 2 cans sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Rinse pork and place in large roasting pan. Add about 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pan to prevent burning.
- Cover roasting pan and put in oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven and add the sauerkraut.
- Cover and put back in oven for another hour.
- Remove from oven, season as desired, and enjoy!
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes for a classic feast.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!