We were very pleased with the outcome of this cocktail inspired skillet supper.
Mojito Pork Chops
- 4 bone in or boneless pork chops (about 2 lbs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 c cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 c dark rum
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 c cooked rice
- Rub pork chops with salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on first side. Turn pork and reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink in center (at least 145°F). Note that longer cooking times may be required for bone-in pork chops. Transfer to plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; add pineapple, and cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until pineapple is golden brown on edges.
- Remove from heat; add rum, and return to heat; cook 1 to 2 minutes over medium-high heat until rum absorbs into mixture. Add sugar; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar melts and begins to caramelize.
- Pour pineapple mixture over pork. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with lime wedges and rice.
We substituted sweet plantains as a side dish, instead of the rice. Yum!
Calories: 1276kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 57gFat: 85gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 238mgSodium: 2548mgPotassium: 620mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 160mgIron: 2.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!